We hold ourselves accountable to preserve non-renewable resources with our ability to design innovative solutions at the leading edge of building sciences.
Our commitment to sustainability includes initiatives for Client’s seeking alternative means to integrate green concepts into their buildings. Creating our own Sustainability Department demonstrates our commitment to improving the environmental performance of buildings and shows the value we place on this professional service.
DBR’s Internal Sustainability Initiative
In 2018, DBR pledged to unite with the AIA and signed the AIA 2030 Commitment to work together with architects and clients to achieve a breakthrough vision that calls for all new buildings, developments, and major renovations to be carbon-neutral by 2030. An internal Net Zero committee meets quarterly to educate staff on the ever-evolving industry and to update our sustainable design standards.
Additionally, DBR recognizes that we must practice what we preach and is making strides to operate its business more efficiently and sustainably. From recycling bins at every desk to office greenery to sustainable printing practices, internally, we are trying to set a positive example for our clients to emulate. Our team members also have been recognized as thought-leaders in sustainability by speaking in major national conferences such as, A4LE, Greenbuild and ASHRAE, while actively participating in USGBC to shape the future of sustainability.
Sustainability Project Highlights
- 1st LEED Public School in Texas – West Brazos Junior High School
- 1st LEED Platinum Building in San Antonio – Eagle Veterinary Hospital
- More than 120 LEED-certified Projects and Sustainability Projects
- Over 10 million square feet in LEED Certified Projects
Additionally, our Commissioning Department can aid in providing an all-inclusive experience for your sustainability needs. By integrating our solid and deep understanding in engineering designs, we can provide comprehensive solutions to meet your project’s sustainability goals.
Our sustainability services include:
- Green Building & Sustainability Certification/Code (LEED, CHPS, ENERGY STAR, AEGB & CalGreen)
- Building Performance & Energy Modeling for Early Design and LEED/Code Compliance
- Passive Design Assessment & Strategies
- Daylight & Lighting Assessment
- Life Cycle Cost & Life Cycle Assessment
- Sustainability & Energy Efficiency Incentive Funding
- Energy & Water Assessment and Audit